Home Forums Ask Billy 2nd solo LP, your concerts (as a spectator), famous on Naz gigs, 1984 Naz quit Reply To: 2nd solo LP, your concerts (as a spectator), famous on Naz gigs, 1984 Naz quit

billyboy1

Hi Aleksey. Good to hear from you and thanks for coming to see us in Leningrad all those years ago. We would go to lots of concerts by other artists when we had a night off with Nazareth. Frank Zappa was a great one for me but Dan, Pete and Manny didn’t agree..Another was Joni Mitchell in Munich when she introduced This Flight Tonight as “A Nazareth song” and thanked us for the royalties. As for others coming to Nazareth gigs, there were many but by favourite was when Ted Nugent joined us onstage in Detroit after handing all his guns to my roadie to look after them! I did not have any involvement with The Catch cos I think I was doing a solo tour at the time. Finally, the main players on Crankin were Gary Ferguson on drums and Max Noland on bass though Dan, Pete and Zal we’re also involved. May I suggest to go to The Vault-Crankin section of this website where you will find the artwork for the album which features all the recording details. All the best, friend. Stay safe.