Home Forums Ask Billy Where is Nazareth logo lighting rig first used on the No Mean City tour? Reply To: Where is Nazareth logo lighting rig first used on the No Mean City tour?

billyboy1

Hi again. I hadn’t thought about the sign being recovered so I’ve asked “Uncle” Pete Agnew if he can clarify. I don’t expect a reply any time soon cos Pete takes days to realise his steam-driven mobile has gotten a message!
As for your Gateway story, that’s hilarious!
The fact that you managed to blag your way past security makes you an ideal roadie for Naz.
Our old tour manager once told me his job was 10% technical abilities and 90% bullshitting so I reckon you’d be in there.
I’m not doing anything musical anymore, canny be arsed to be honest plus my right hand is a bit gubbed due to years of smacking the strings like Pete Townshend. I think I’d need a prosthetic limb like Les Paul had if I were able to play like I used to.
Zal on the other hand (see what I did there?) has retired completely as far as I can gather, which is a real shame cos he can actually still play.
Now for the biggest surprise you mentioned.
I knew Sammy, Martin & Kay very well.
In fact due to family circumstances I was friendly with a lot of the Cowdenbeath congregation back then so if you’re still in touch with any of them, tell’em The Rankins say Hello.
Oh, and you owe me 00.5p in royalties, ya basturt!
“Home Taping is Killing the Industry” apparently.