Home Forums Ask Billy 2XS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rrip12
    Participant

Billy, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, your contributions to Nazareth are the reason I like them so much. I own every album they ever sold, and the ones you didn’t write and play on don’t even compare to the ones you did. I listened to Move Me last night and almost forgot how great Demon Alcohol (and the rest of the album) is. Alcohol the liquid is cool too, but the song just kicks ass. I can narrow Naz’s best songs down to every song on 2XS, No Jive, & Move Me. I listened to these albums today for the 10,000th time & realized your music has had a profound impact on me since I bought 2XS in 1981. You should have been paid a lot more than you were paid.

billyboy1

Wow! Thanks for the compliment and I’m glad you like Demon Alcohol so much.
    It’s one I’m more proud of than some of the obvious favourites I was involved with.
    I wasn’t the only one not to be paid more however.
    Zal for example is still bitter about his lack of earnings compared to his input on the albums he played on with Naz.
    As he said himself on Simple Solution, “This is no business for the weak of heart” and he was right.
    Between you and me though, I’d have gladly gave up all he did to have played on “No Mean City”. That’s still my favourite album, dammit!

All the best

Billy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.