Home Forums Ask Billy Be Bop Deluxe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Suf22ism
    Participant

Just a couple of quick questions Billy: when did your appreciation for all things Bebop deluxe and Bill Nelson begin? Did you ever see the classic line up live? And what do you think of Drastic Plastic, the last album they did which, given that it signalled a change in musical direction, has always been a record that has divided their hard-core fans?

billyboy1

First time was in Listen Record Shop in Glasgow when the track Axe Victim was played. When Bill’s solo started about 4 minutes in, me and about a dozen other guys ran to the counter to buy the album. First time of many when I saw BBD live was at Queen Margaret Uni, again in Glasgow just after Sunburst Finish was released. Me and my mates were too young to get in but bassist Charlie sneaked us in regardless. Finally I’m from the hard core fan side who wasn’t too fussed on Drastic Plastic. Like many other BBD supporters, I was into the band primarily for Bill’s guitar playing and prog-style songs, and that album didn’t really have either for me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.