Home Forums Ask Billy Involvement In Reissues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Hludzik
    Participant

Hi Billy,
    Was wondering what (if any) involvement you had in any of the Nazareth reissue campaigns from either Castle, Eagle Rock, or Salvo. I know the Castle and Eagle Rock reissues suffered numerous issues including poor mastering on some releases, photos from different eras of the band being used in the booklets of albums where that specific lineup wasn’t present, and bonus tracks which a lot of Nazareth fans at the time dubbed as “bogus tracks” (“edited” and “single” versions of songs which were in fact just newly edited versions made to pad out the discs). Also, a lot of the b-sides were transferred from vinyl copies (nothing wrong with that, but it didn’t even seem like they made a real attempt at finding tapes). I ask if you had any involvement, because Manny apparently had very little involvement with the first few batches of reissues apart from writing a foreword to the “Hair Of the Dog” reissue and some random quotes in other reissues. Manny apparently had been sitting on tape copies of a lot of the B-sides, unreleased songs, and the alternate version of the “Expect No Mercy” album that never saw the light of day, and he was able to provide all this material for the last batch of reissues (the ones on Salvo). As a result, these are definitely the best Nazareth reissues currently available (the mastering, artwork and liner notes are also immensely better). Just wondering if you were ever approached, as it seems you, like Manny, have a treasure trove of material that would have been great on the reissues of the albums you were involved with.

Hope all is well.

Regards,
    Chris.

billyboy1

Hi Chris.

Err, Naw!

Cheers, Billy.

Chris Hludzik
    Participant

Err, OK! I guess maybe I should have asked “Were you ever asked to be involved/contribute to the reissues?”

billyboy1

You already asked that Chris.
    Not being funny, but Naw.
    I have no contact with any record companies who release Naz stuff.
    Nor do I have any control over who Nazareth Dunfermline allow to release it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.