Home Forums Ask Billy Naz Songs/Set Lists

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg de
    Participant

Hi Billy,

I’m really enjoying your website.

I’d like to ask which Nazareth songs you would have liked to have played live but never got to.

The set list throughout the 80’s never varied much but did change a bit when you rejoined in the 90’s. Were Dan, Pete and Darrel resistant to change the set? Given the huge back catalogue there’s lots of tracks I would have loved to have heard played live but never did.

Cheers Greg

billyboy1

Thanks Greg, glad you’re enjoying the site. As for songs I wish we’d played live during my involvement I’d have loved to have played anything from No Mean City though we did a few during our Unplugged gigs. Other than that, I always pushed to do Go Down Fighting but was always knocked back by everyone else. Even by Manny, who wrote it!

Greg de
    Participant

Hi Billy,

I would have loved to have heard Go Down Fighting, which is one of my favourite classic Naz tunes. No Mean City also had many fine tracks, and is one of my all time favourite rock albums.

Seems to me your second spell with the band introduced a change of pace and variation of the older material. I dunno if that was coincidence or not but I wasn’t disappointed to see Joe Tex missing from the set or Cocaine for that matter. Did you get a choice in what was played or did the others have the final decision on what got played? Also was there any song of theirs you didn’t like playing?

Cheers Greg

billyboy1

I was able to suggest alternative songs for our set during my 2nd stint but ultimately it was a band decision so Go Down Fighting never happened. I did however manage to get Gone Dead Train and My White Bicycle added.
    As for songs I didn’t like playing, that changed on a regular basis, not just for me but for everyone. Sometimes the expected “Hits” could get a little tedious but as professionals we knew we had to play them as people had paid good money to hear them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.