Home Forums Ask Billy Thinkin’ Man’s Nightmare

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rrip12
    Participant

Hello Billy, first of all, Nazareth’s best work, in my opinion, are the albums on which you worked. 2XS, No Jive, and Move Me are by far my favorite albums. My question is why was Thinkin’ Man’s Nightmare not ever played live? That song absolutely kicks ass. The 1st CD I ever bought was No Jive in 1990 when I saw it at the record store in Everett, Washington, near Seattle. So then I had to buy a cd player. My God that album was great. The 1st album I bought was Hair Of The Dog in 1976 (my mom bought it for me) the first cassette I bought was Hair Of The Dog in 1980 after I got my driver’s license. 2XS truly got me through my last year of high school in 1982, so to stroke your ego, you did alright. So thank you.

billyboy1

Hi and first of all it’s always great to hear that something I did had any effect on anyones life, thanks for that.
    Thinking Man’s Nightmare was a favourite of ours too, in fact we all liked most of No Jive which was rare for a Nazareth album.
    The main reasons we never played it live was-
    1. We were already playing Right Between the Eyes live before we’d even recorded it (which might be another Nazareth first?)
    2. We’d decided to replace opener Telegram with both Hire & Fire and Wanna Play House (again, most unusual for us and perhaps a mistake?) and finally
    3. The record company released Everytime It Rains and Tell Me that you Love Me as singles so we had to put them both in the live set at some time.
    Any more from No Jive would’ve went against the band’s principles as being too much for our fans to handle cos we always tried to feature the “Hits” in our gigs.
    As for stroking my ego, you are welcome to do so anytime.
    You’re alright too!

Cheers, Billy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.